The Public Affairs Committee works with public officials to ensure the voice of the hospitality industry is heard. The Committee is expected to follow industry issues and collaborate with industry experts and associations to recommend actions for the Board of Directors.
Current and Ongoing Engagement in Local Issues:
- Addressing Aggressive Street Behavior and Street Cleanliness - The Hotel Council works with the San Francisco Police Department, the Mayor, and the Union Square Business Improvement District to ensure guests have a positive pedestrian experience.
- Addressing the lack of late night and early morning transportation – The Hotel Council is part of the San Francisco Late Night Transportation Working Group to represent our hotels’s staff and guests’ needs when travelling within and around San Francisco for work and leisure.
- Addressing the need for improvements at the BART Powell Station – The Hotel Council is a part of the BART Powell Station Modernization Plan Working Group to assess infrastructure and service needs of the Powell Street Station as the Gatewayto San Francisco to improve the visitor and guest experience.
Initiatives the Committee supported include:
- Expansion of Moscone Center with the Board of Supervisors
- Collection of the Hotel Tax from Short-Term Rental accommodations
- Laura’s Law Legislation in San Francisco
- Major events and developments in San Francisco
If you are interested in joining the Public Affairs Committee, please contact Kevin Carroll.